Your privacy is important to Lee Hong Degerman Kang & Waimey (“LHDK&W” herein). We are committed to protect the privacy and security of any personal information received from our clients and visitors of our website.
Who Is Responsible for Your Personal Data?
LHDK&W is the data controller for the personal data we have in relation to you and is responsible for your personal data processed via our website and in relations to any services provided.
Collection of Your Personal information
Your information may be collected by us in the course of our business, including your use of our website, your contact with us, the rendition of our services, or as a result of your relationship with our staff or clients.
Upon visiting our website, cookies are used to automatically collect information on the general location information of access and a date/time stamp. Our mail server also automatically records your IP address, mail server, domain name, and date/time stamps when an email is received.
Information Collected directly
LHDK&W may collect and process the following personal data from you directly through you utilization of our services or your contact with our firm:
- Name, company name and title/position;
- Contact information, including phone number, address, email address, and contact details;
- Identity and background information, including date of birth, marital status, employment history, educational or professional background, tax status, job title and function, and other personal data;
- Business information and affiliations;
- Financial and payment data, including your bank accounts and other data necessary for processing payments and fraud prevention, including any billing information;
- Other information related to your request or inquiry.
The aforementioned information may be collected in the following scenarios
- Name, company name and title/position;
- When you seek legal advice from us;
- When you offer to provide, or provide, services to us;
- When you correspond with us by any means;
- When you provide information to us;
- When you attend our seminars or other events.
By providing to us your personal information, you consent to us processing and holding your information to provide you with legal services and for administration purposes. You also consent to the transfer of those information at your instruction or when deemed necessary.
3. Our use of personal information
LHDK&W uses the collected personal information in the ordinary course of conducting our business and to respond to your request or inquiry. Generally, they may be used for the following purposes:
- To register you as a client of LHDK&W;
- To provide legal services or other services or solutions, as instructed by you;
- To provide support, and improvement, and service to our website;
- To maintain general business operations, including the administration of accounting, recordkeeping, and legal functions;
- To manage our information with you and to communicate to you, including for identification of persons authorized to represent our
clients, suppliers, or service providers;
- To protect the security of our communications and other systems to prevent and detect security threats, fraud or other criminal or malicious activities;
- To process applications for employment;
- To exercise or defend our legal rights or to comply with court orders.
We only provide to you with marketing-related information after you have, where legally required to do so, opted to receive those communications.
If you receive an e-mail communication from LHDK&W attorney or staff member and you would prefer not to, notify the sender. LHDK&W will make efforts to comply with requests and/or delete your information from its databases, storage, or other recording devices
4. Disclosure of personal information
LHDK&W is a global law firm and any information we collect or received from you may be shared or process by any LHDK&W office location. If you are based within European Economic Area (EEA), please note that we may share, use, and safeguard your personal information to countries outside the EEA, which may not provide the same level of protection to your personal information. Thus, such transmission or use of your information will only occur in the event that it appears necessary for the legal services we are to provide to you or when reasonably necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
We do not use your personal data for taking automated decisions and will not rent or sell your personal information.
Your personal data may be shared in the following manner:
- With third parties, including service providers whom we have retained for the rendition of our legal services to you;
- With our professional advisers, such as accountants;
- With government and/or regulatory authority when deemed reasonably necessary to protect our rights or legally required to do so;
- With professional indemnity insurers;
- With regulators, tax authorities, and or corporate registries.
Security of personal data
LHDK&W has put in place appropriate security measures to protect your personal data.
LHDK&W uses industry standard security safeguards to protect personally identifiable information we collect on the website from unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure. However there is no such thing as perfect security on the internet. By using this Site and sending information to us electronically, you consent to transborder and international transmission of any data that you may choose to supply us.
Access to Information and Your Rights
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you, subject to limitations of overriding interest, legal obligation, or exemptions from disclosure:
Your right of access
You have the right to request a copy of personal data we hold of you. If you wish to access your personal data held by us, please contact us.
Your right to rectification
If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you are entitled to request to have it rectified. If you became aware that we possess inaccurate personal information of you, please contact us.
Your right to erasure
You have the right to request that we delete or remove your personal information in some circumstances such as where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable).
Your right to restrict processing
You have the right to request that we ‘block’ or suppress the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal information or you object to us.
Your right to data portability
You have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information you’ve provided us with in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
Your right to object
You can ask us to stop processing your personal information, and we will comply unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Your right to withdraw consent
If we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority
If you have a concern about any aspect of our privacy practices, including the way we’ve handled your personal information, you can report it to the relevant Supervisory Authority.
How long do we keep your personal information for
Your personal data will only be retained for as long as needed in compliance with our obligations under the EU General Data Protection Regulation or similar legislation around the world and according to our regulatory obligation or professional indemnity obligations.
Upon expiry of the applicable retention period, your personal information will be securely erased or destroyed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.