David S. Cho is a partner resident in the Firm’s New York office, which recently opened in January, 2020, in the Transactions Group. He advises U.S. and international clients on a broad range of transactional matters including corporate law and domestic and cross border deals such as mergers, investments, and joint ventures. He serves as primary outside counsel to companies and entrepreneurs in various sectors, including beauty, manufacturing, banking, food, and technology.
Mr. Cho has extensive experience in the structuring, negotiation, and preparation of agreements and documentation for a wide range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, investments, joint ventures, technology, licensing, distribution, and marketing. Mr. Cho also manages client litigation, intellectual property, and labor & employment matters.
Mr. Cho has worked for 30 years, both as in-house counsel and at law firms, including:
- Major law firms in New York, Washington, DC and Chicago, working in the areas of general corporate, distribution, and licensing.
- Samsung Electronics in Seoul, Korea, in the area of telecommunications.
- Cisco Systems in both their Korean operations and in San Jose, CA, in their sales and licensing and technology areas.
- Major law firms in Seoul, Korea, representing corporate acquirers, lenders, borrowers, investors, and sellers, both before and after the financial crisis in Asia.
- SK Telecom in Korea, in the area of worldwide investments and alliances.
- In New York, at one of the largest beauty companies in the world, as in-house legal counsel.
Mr. Cho is a graduate of the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, and the George Washington University Law School. He is a member of the New York State Bar.
- Commercial Litigation
- International Arbitration & Dispute Resolution
- Business & Corporate
- Franchises, Distributorships, and Dealerships
- Intellectual Property
- Labor & Employment
- George Washington University Law School, 1989
- The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, 1986