In today’s business climate, an employer’s general counsel is faced with a broad range of responsibilities and is expected to analyze and effectively respond to a wide-spectrum of legal issues affecting the company.
LHDK&W’s corporate counsel group assists in-house corporate counsels or executives in meeting the challenges of representing today’s business entities. We provide sound business advice to our counsel regarding all legal issues surrounding corporate operation and management.
As outside corporate counsel, our attorneys assist clients in handling a myriad of specific legal, regulatory and other issues arising from day-to-day business operations.
LHDK&W assists corporations and their in-house staff with:
- regulatory filings
- litigation management and dispute resolution
- review, negotiation and drafting of agreements for transactions of all kinds
- compliance with statutory regulations
- intellectual property management
LHDK&W also has extensive experience advising on internal company issues, such as:
- advising on labor and employment matters and disputes
- creating, maintaining, and enforcing corporate policies and procedures
- conducting corporate investigations
- advising and counseling the Board of Directors and management on general matters
For those companies who do not have a legal department or staff, our attorneys frequently fill the role of in-house counsel and are retained as outside general counsel. LHDK&W has extensive experience assisting in-house legal departments and serving as outside general counsel, including serving as national or regional counsel for many top-tier corporations.
Because every company’s situation, goals, philosophy, and culture are unique, we tailor our legal services to meet each client’s unique criteria. Effective outside corporate counsel requires investing the time, energy, and resources to understand the client and to recognize the goals and objectives of their business decision makers. Through meetings and exposure to these decision makers, we gain an understanding of the client’s business and utilize this knowledge to provide effective and efficient legal services.