Employers need legal counsel to understand their business to quickly answer their questions. We understand that to properly advise employers, attorneys need to fully comprehend the nature of an employer’s business along with the dynamics involved that you as the employer face on a day-to-day basis.
LHDK&W’s labor and employment practice group takes on a client-first approach by learning what employers want and formulating a practical solution that best serves employers’ business goals. The firm’s labor and employment practice focuses on litigation, preventive counseling, employment policy preparation and implementation, promotions and training, and alternative dispute resolution.
Our labor and employment attorneys possess comprehensive experience in counseling and representing employers regarding all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. We routinely represent employers in both federal and state court litigation involving wrongful termination, unlawful discrimination, sexual harassment, employment discrimination, labor disputes, wage/hour claims, ERISA claims and other aspects of employment law.
Our labor and employment practice group advises business employers of all sizes and types across diverse industries, including foreign-owned enterprises, regarding a wide-range of topics, including:
- employment practices such as federal and state wage and hour issues
- employment policies and practices
- executive and other employment agreements
- employee training
- workplace safety and health
- issues arising in connection with corporate mergers and reorganizations
- issues involving trade secrets and intellectual property
Through the utilization of LHDK&W’s philosophy of client service and collective experience, our attorneys are able to provide employers with highly effective legal services and solve problems effectively and efficiently.
Significant labor and employment matters handled by LHDK&W’s attorneys include:
- representation of a foreign-owned business in defense of a multiple plaintiff sexual harassment and racial discrimination action
- prosecution of restraining order actions on behalf of employers to prevent workplace violence
- representation of a Korean bank in defense of a multiple plaintiff sexual harassment and racial discrimination action
- defense of a California-based chip manufacturer in a wrongful termination lawsuit filed by a former executive