Nathaniel J. Tarvin
Areas of Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Class Action
- D&O and Shareholder Litigation
- Employment Law
- Bankruptcy, Restructuring & Creditors’ Rights
Chapman University School of Law, J.D., 2007; Chapman University, B.A., Legal Studies, summa cum laude, 2004
Orange County Office
Nate J. Tarvin is Senior Counsel in the firm’s Orange County office, specializing in commercial litigation, class action defense, employment, and bankruptcy and creditor’s rights litigation in both state and federal courts. He has significant experience defending a variety of litigation matters, including product defect cases involving the automotive, power tools, and construction machinery industries. He also serves as outside corporate counsel to a number of local and regional businesses.
Mr. Tarvin’s litigation experience includes:
- Secured order from Los Angeles Superior Court denying class certification of product defect and false advertising claims on behalf of national power tool distributor.
- Obtained order denying class certification on behalf of national franchisor on claims of violation of Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Obtained a complete defense judgment and nearly one million dollar fee award against a plaintiff asserting an indemnity claim in excess of five million dollars arising from an allegedly defective tire.
- Obtained preemptive denial of class certification in a proposed nationwide consumer protection class action against a national restaurant chain.
- Obtained dismissal of business tort claims against law firm under California’s anti-SLAPP statute.
- Negotiated resolution of an international partnership dispute involving parties and attorneys in the United States, India, Mauritius, Hong Kong, and Singapore.
- Represented commercial and industrial landlords in all matters of real estate litigation.